05 November 2016

First(ish) Snow of Fall



Technically this was our second snowfall this fall, but it's the first that stuck! Early November and we're already into the winter weather, but I guess we can be grateful things got going in November instead of October!




Sadly enough, the bad visibility in the photo is due more to the incredibly bad air pollution lingering from the night before (when it was off the chart up in the 1,000s) than to the snow. The screenshot is from 9pm the night before. As you can see, by that point half the stations had maxed out at 999. (Later on in the evening when I checked all but two had maxed out.) By way of comparison, if I'm not mistaken a "bad" air day in Los Angeles or London is when the readings get up over the 70s. Not the 700s mind, the 70s. I won't lie, I can't help wondering when the lung cancer diagnosis is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment