17 May 2014

Welcome! Huān Yíng!

Welcome to my blog! I've started this blog to share this latest adventure in my life - moving around the world from North America to Harbin, China - with you, my dear readers! The decision to move to northeastern China was not an easy one, but I begin this new chapter in my life with great excitement for what the coming year will hold! I never would have thought I would willingly move to China (much less a place known as China's "Ice City"!), but there couldn't be a better place in China for this russophile than Harbin, the 'Moscow of the East.' That being said, I've been reading about China with great interest for many years now and I look forward to the opportunity to learn more about this fascinating country and its culture!

It will be a year of big adjustments as I adapt to living and working in China, so I can't guarantee frequent posting. And my views are, of course, entirely my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer or my family. I hope to chronicle the highlights of my experiences in Harbin, both for my family and friends back in my many homes around the world and for other English-speakers with an interest in Ice City life. (I googled Harbin every which way and in a couple of languages, and was left wishing more people were writing about their experiences there.)

So, welcome to my blog! Huān yíng!

1 comment: